Frequently Asked Questions
- Founded in 1924, the AMA has an unparalleled history of pursuing, protecting and promoting the interests of the world's largest and most dedicated group of motorcycle enthusiasts.
- Street licenced, legal motorcycles only!
- U.S. Forest Service approved spark arrestor.
- Be able to pass an exhaust sound decibal test. 96dB Max.
- You must have a roll chart holder installed.
- Your bike must have a working odometer.
- Roll chart holders will be available for purchase at the event.
- Depending on your chosen route.
- Choose from: Easy, Hard or Adventure Routes
- You won't "need" a GPS at all!
- But if you want to use one, the tracks will be available for most any Garmin units.
- Be sure to bring your connection cable too!
- Roll Chart navigation is the tried and true navigation method
- Plus.. the batteries will never run out!
- Prepare for these conditions and you should be fine.
- NOTE ~ twilight 6:04AM, Sunrise 6:31AM - Sunset 4:38PM, twilight 5:05PM
- Because riding alone is not advised, we encourage you to find a partner or group on our forums.
- No one rides alone! The District 37 folks make sure of that!
- Group rates will be made available here for the LA-Barstow-Vegas ride
Have more questions?
The message board can be helpful to find transportation at various points needed before and after the ride.